These are some of the reasons why trans and non-binary people in our communities thought it was important to answer this survey. Thank you to everyone who generously shared their image and words.
[one_half padding=”0 30px 0 30px”]
[/one_half][one_half_last padding=”0 30px 0 30px”]
Our project team members also shared some other reasons why it was important for trans and non-binary people to answer this survey:
- This survey collected information that can improve the lives of trans and non-binary people in Aotearoa.
- Our communities are often left out of surveys. So, this is about Counting Ourselves.
- We created new questions that our communities need answers to, and also asked questions from existing surveys so that we can compare our health against the total New Zealand population.
- The survey has Health Research Council funding and is the best opportunity we have ever had to capture statistics about our communities.
- The survey covers a wide range of our communities. Currently the only statistics we have are limited to certain groups, such as people in high school.
- The more people completing this survey, the more robust our data will be.