This page is for trans research projects based in Aotearoa. If you would like us to include your project please contact us. We are particularly interested in profiling research that is being led by trans or non-binary people.
Nationwide online survey of Rainbow / LGBTQIA+, intersex and takatāpui young people (aged 14-26) in Aotearoa
This research is led by Dr John Fenaughty at the University of Auckland working with other rainbow and takatāpui community groups and researchers, including Dr Jaimie Veale from the Counting Ourselves research team. The online survey will look at rainbow, takatāpui and intersex young people’s experiences at school, doing other education or training, at work, and within the community.
The survey has been funded by the University of Auckland’s Faculty of Education and Social Work. The research team includes:
- Dr John Fenaughty (Principal Investigator – University of Auckland)
- Frances Arnes (Co-Investigator – Rainbow Youth)
- Dr Mohamed Alasari (Co-Investigator – NZCER)
- Tabby Besley (Co-Investigator – InsideOUT)
- Dr Elizabeth Kerekere (Co-Investigator – Tīwhanawhana Trust)
- Dr Peter Saxton (Co-Investigator – University of Auckland)
- Dr Patrick Thomsen (Co-Investigator – University of Auckland)
- Dr Jaimie Veale (Co-Investigator – University of Waikato)
- Alex Ker (Research Assistant)
- Jack Byrne (Research Assistant)