- The only questions that you have to answer are the first questions, to check you are trans or non-binary, live in Aotearoa, and are at least 14 years old. After that, you can skip any other questions, for any reason.
- You can withdraw from the survey at any time before submitting it. If you start the survey and then wish to withdraw, you can return to the first page of the survey at any time and tick the option asking for all your responses to be erased.
- The information you provide in this survey is anonymous. We do not collect anyone’s names or any other information that might be able to identify someone.
- We will collect your IP address, which is a unique number based on your internet connection. It does not identify you or your physical address. We will only use IP addresses to double check for multiple responses from the same person, and then we will delete all IP addresses.
- We will not publish any information where the number of responses is so small or the comments made are so specific that someone could possibly guess who made them.
- If you contact us asking for a printed copy of the survey, we will delete your contact details once we have posted you the survey.
- If you fill out the paper copy of the survey and post it to us, we will put your answers into the computer and shred your paper survey.
- Everyone’s online responses will be stored on password-protected University of Waikato accounts and computers. Only the research team will have access to these.
The Health and Disability Ethics Committees have granted us ethics approval for this survey (Approval no: 18/NTB/66). If you have any ethical concerns about this research, you may phone them on 0800 4 ETHICS or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org